Friday, November 03, 2006

Whining People

Back in high school (to be more specific, 4th year, English class, subject before lunchtime), Ms. Solivio asked us to read too many chapters of Sense and Sensibility. While she was dictating what chapters to read, my frown just kept on getting deeper.. Finally, I told my seatmates (my ever dependable Bianca and Jenn), "Ano ba 'yan, ang daming chapters!! tapos may homework pa sa physics, term paper pa, kelangan ng draft, panu natin gagawin lahat yan?". To which my more vocal seatmate Jenn Simons replied, "You're such a whiner!". And Pia, who was sitting right in front of Jenn, turned to me and laughed uncontrollably.

Oops..

That made a huge impact on me. Seriously. Never in my life had i been called a whiner until Jenn pointed it out. I guess it just never occured to me that people can sometimes get frustrated with my constant whining. But believe, me, I've learned my lesson. Now, I try as much as possible not to complain over the smallest things. Recently, I've come to realize that even I get irritated by people who are always making unnecessary remarks over the smallest things.

Classic example: I was on my way to work yesterday morning, and saw that there was an available shuttle inside our village that would be going straight to the office; so i decided to take this shuttle instead of going to the other terminal. After a few moments, I realized that it would take a long time for the shuttle to be filled up, since most employees have filed for leave, given the day before was a holiday. Now, these two ladies who were also waiting with me kept on complaining what's taking the shuttle so long to be filled up.. Masmabilis yung isang driver dito; Ang tagal mapuno, hindi nga tayo pumila tagal naman maghihintay..

Now I understand why Jenn called me a whiner. Masakit pala talaga sa tenga makarinig ng mga di matapos tapos na reklamo.

Trust me, it's a lesson learned.

No comments: