Before reading this entry, let me just remind you that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. These are just my thoughts, no intention to hurt anyone.
Ever since Desperate Housewives mentioned our country in one of their episodes, Filipinos all over the world are insisting that they ban the show. However, I take a different stand. I think we are overreacting, to the point that even the senators are affected by it. I'm sure Marc Cherry, or whoever the writer is, did not mean any harm. I don't understand why we get mad when they joke about our country (remember when Jay Leno also joked about something years back?). I guess United States are just very liberal when it comes to this. Try listening to David Letterman's or Conan O'Brien's monologues. They are even criticizing their own President! But back to Desperate Housewives. In season 2, there was an episode where Carlos and Gabrielle Solis could not adopt the baby they want, simply because they are Latinos. Hindi ba, in a way, they are also criticizing Mexicans this way? In the last few episodes of the same season, Xiao Mei worked as a maid (as a slave, even), just to be an American. Panlalait din yun sa mga Chinese diba? We asked for an apology, ABC issued it immediately. But why can't some people accept their apology? We already got what we wanted.
As I've mentioned earlier, I don't have any intention to hurt anyone. It's just that maybe we should not take this too seriously. If Filipino doctors and nurses are recognized all over the world, then i don't think this script from the show should affect anybody. Why don't we just prove them otherwise?
----
On to more rantings. Hehe.
As I was on my way to work, I heard that jeepney associations are trying to increase their minimum fare from P7 to P8.50. Ito lang ang suggestion ko, at sana mabasa ito ng kinauukulan: BAGO MAGTAAS NG PAMASAHE ANG MGA JEEP, PWEDE BANG AYUSIN MUNA NILA ANG PAGMAMANEHO NILA? MATUTO MUNA SILANG SUMUNOD SA BATAS TRAPIKO; HUWAG SILANG PAPALIT-PALIT NG LANES; ITIGIL NILA ANG MAIINGAY NILANG MGA BUSINA; HUWAG NILANG PAYAGANG MAY SABIT. HAYAAN MUNA NILANG TUMAWID ANG MGA TAO, HINDI YUNG MAKIKIPAGUNAHAN PA SILA. KAPAG NAKABANGGA SILA, HUWAG LANG SILANG MAGKAMOT NG ULO. AT HIGIT SA LAHAT: HINDI PUWEDENG MAGTAAS NG PAMASAHE ANG MGA JEEP NA NAGBUBUGA NG MAITIM NA USOK!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment