Friday, February 27, 2009

Stiff Neck

Who would have thought I will end up in physical therapy just because of stiff neck?

Last Saturday, there was nothing to do. I was too lazy to go out, and I didn't want to get out of my parents' room, because too much stuff was going on downstairs. So from 7:30 in the morning, until around 2:30, I just laid down on the bed, watching TV (with a one hour lunch break). When I finally decided to get up and take a bath (will accompany Peper to Boni High), my head and neck hurt so bad, but i thought it was because of sleeping and watching too much. Thus, the stiff neck. Hahaha haba ng intro.

I've never had a SEVERE stiff neck before. I thought by giving my neck some massage, the pain would go away. It's been a week, and whenever I wake up, I have to support my head just to get up. My dad finally told me this morning to go see a doctor.

I was actually scared to see a doctor. I was pretty sure he would laugh at me and tell me I worry too much and that I should get a life.

True enough, when the doctor called me (he couldn't pronounce my family name, by the way...he just went, "Ms. Marie Anne..."), hindi pa ako umuupo, natatawa na siya. But when he found out that I've been having pains for a week, he got all serious and asked me to turn to my left and right, left and right. His diagnosis: Cervical Spasm. His exact words: "Sobrang maga sa left, I suggest you undergo therapy for 3 weeks".

Hayyy, it really is hard to get old. I never thought I had to undergo physical therapy at the age of 26. :-s

And can i just share na medyo na-hurt ako this morning. I was telling people at work that I will go see a doctor tonight because of the pain, and they dismissed it like it was nothing; that I was worrying over something that could be solved by white flower followed by a little massage.

Ganito na ba talaga ang tumatanda? Pwes, ayoko na siya i-embrace! Hmph!

No comments: